Need help and don’t know who to call?
Dial 2-1-1 today and get the answers you’re looking for!
2-1-1 Texas, a program of the Texas Health and Human Services Commission, is committed to helping Texas citizens connect with the services they need. Whether by phone or internet, our goal is to present accurate, well-organized and easy-to-find information from over 60,000 state and local health and human services programs.
COVID-19 Information & Resources
- COVID-19 FAQ for People Receiving SNAP, TANF or Medicaid
- 3.19 TX State Board of Pharmacy authorized pharmacists to dispense up to a 30-day supply of medication (other than a schedule II-controlled substance) for patients [CHIP & Medicaid] in the event a prescriber cannot be reached.
- Waiver of CHIP copays for office visits and for telehealth and telemedicine services through April.
- Coverage of COVID testing in Medicaid and CHIP + no prior authorization required for COVID-19 lab test by Medicaid & CHIP health plans or traditional Medicaid.
- Childcare Availability Portal
- Letter providing Local Workforce Development Boards guidance on implementing emergency child care for essential workers and extending job search period during COVID-19 for parents receiving a subsidy.
- Letter includes who classifies as an "essential worker"
- Income limits for essential workers
- Boards must continue to provide child care services for families experiencing non-temporary changes in a parent’s ongoing status in work that exceeds three months until further guidance is issued by TWC.
- Click here for English Essential Worker Childcare Enrollment Form & here for Spanish Enrollment Form
Mental Health Resources:
North Texas Behavioral Health Authority: COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line | (833) 251-7544
Texas Health and Human Services: COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line | (833) 986-1919
County & City websites:
Cooke County - https://www.co.cooke.tx.us/
City of Gainesville - http://gainesville.tx.us/964/COVID-19
City of Muenster - https://www.cityofmuenstertx.com/
City of Lindsay - http://lindsay.texas.gov/
City of Valley View - https://www.cityofvv.com/
City of Callisburg - http://www.callisburgtx.com/
VISTO - http://www.vistohelps.com/
Living Word Ministries - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Living-Word-Ministries/481797425167119
Sacred Heart Outreach - https://shchurchmuenster.com/outreach
St. Martha’s Kitchen - https://www.facebook.com/St-Pauls-Episcopal-Church-in-Gainesville-Texas…
Meals for Students:
Gainesville ISD - https://www.gainesvilleisd.org
Student meals available for pick up at Edison and GJH, M-F 8am-1pm, please check the website for a more specific schedule
Callisburg ISD - https://www.cisdtx.net/
Free meals for students 18 years of age and younger that are enrolled in CISD may be picked up curbside on the east side of the elementary campus each Tuesday and Thursday, from 10:30 am until Noon
Era ISD - https://sites.google.com/eraisd.net/distancelearning/home
Era ISD is offering meals for students (both breakfast and lunch.) If your child qualifies for the free lunch program, meals are offered at no cost. If you would like to purchase meals at regular school lunch prices you are able to do that as well. Meals are distributed through pickups Monday and Thursdays from 10-11am. On these days, students will be served breakfast and lunch for consecutive days. On Mondays, students will receive meals for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday
Lindsay ISD - https://www.lindsayisd.org/
We are providing meals to all LISD students who would like to participate. Meals are served in a “To Go” format. They are available from 11:00-12:00 each day that we are not in session due to closure. If a student needs a meal but it can’t be picked up during the allotted time or if the meal needs to be distributed to the student’s home, please let us know and we will get the meal to the student. Please contact your child’s campus principal if you would like to participate in the meal program.
Muenster ISD - https://www.muensterisd.net
Daily meal delivery to students.
Valley View ISD - https://www.vvisd.net/39919
Curbside lunch/breakfast pickup available 12-1pm, in the parking area on the north side of the gym.
Boys & Girls Club - https://www.facebook.com/BGCCookeCounty/
Partnering with VISTO for a Community Drive-Thru Pantry, Wednesdays 9am-1pm, or until supplies last.